This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimpleSatisfyingSalads #EverydayEffortless #CollectiveBias
It seems lately, I’ve been so busy I can hardly get dinner on the table before 7:00 pm. Do you ever have nights like that? Even though I’m busy, I still have a family that needs a great tasting healthy meal. I’ve decided to scour the grocery store for easy to prepare ingredients that are also great tasting and healthy!
Luckily for me when I was shopping in Walmart’s grocery frozen food section, I noticed Tyson® Grilled & Ready chicken strips. They are made with 100% all natural ingredients and white meat chicken. Plus, they have no added preservatives, and they are already cooked so it’s even easier and faster to get dinner on the table. In the shopping basket it went. SCORE!
While I was walking up and down the rest of the aisles I came across an old favorite, Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing. It has always been a my go-to dressing with it’s robust Italian flavor, packed with herbs and seasonings and it has no high fructose corn syrup! That’s total hip hip hooray in my book.
And it suddenly hit me, what I want to make on those busy days…
A southwest quinoa salad bowl! It’s packed with protein and fiber and best of all it tastes great and it’s served in a bowl.
Don’t you love meals in a bowl?
Just gather all of your ingredients and if you have one or two picky eaters like I do, they can tailor their bowl to their liking. It makes it such a pleasant dinner when everyone is happy!
This dinner is so easy to pull together I can hardly call it a recipe!
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, washed, dried, and chopped
- 2 cup quinoa
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- ¼ chopped cilantro, optional
- ½ cup shredded Mexican queso cheese or Feta chunks
- 1½ cups Tyson® Grilled & Ready chicken, prepare according to package directions
- ½ cup Wish-Bone® Italian dressing
- A handful of broken tortilla chips
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Once cooked add the juice of 1 lime stir to incorporate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the lettuce and pour the Wish-Bone® Italian dressing over, mix to combine. Add the quinoa, beans, corn, cilantro,Tyson® Grilled & Ready chicken, and the cheese. Stir to combine.
- Top with tortilla chips.
Looking for more recipes?
Please check for the following in-store coupons at Walmart.
Tyson® coupons will be placed on Wishbone® Italian Dressing bottles – “Save $.75 on ANY ONE (1) Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken.”
Wish-Bone® coupons will be placed on Tyson® Frozen & Refrigerated Grilled & Ready products – , “Save $.75 on ANY ONE (1) Wish-Bone Salad Dressing.”