Do you like Pound Cake? Do you like French Toast?
If you answered yes to either, or both of these questions, you are going to LOVE…
Pound Cake French Toast!
The combination came to me one day when I had been shopping at Costco. I enjoy eating their pound cake, but it comes in a package of 3. It’s not that my family can’t polish off all three loaves within a few day, I just don’t think that is the healthiest choice I could make for us. But alas, I remembered I was having my family for brunch over the weekend, I could just serve the buttery pound cake with the rest of the brunch items…Or… I could do a two for one and make… wait for it…
Pound Cake French Toast
I knew it would be yummy! I knew my family members would not be able to figure out why the french toast was so delicious this time. Do I dare let my secret out? Or do I leave the whole table wondering?
Of course, I couldn’t wait to blurt out that is was pound cake that make the french toast so very delicious. There is something about the buttery sweet goodness that pound cake has, when it is dipped in an egg batter it becomes the perfect combination of tender in the inside, crispy on the outside yummy goodness.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- I whole Pound Cake, cut into ¾ inch slices
- butter to coat pan
- powdered sugar
- Whisk together the first 6 ingredients.
- Melt butter in flat pan over medium heat.
- Dip pound cake slices into the egg mixture, drain excess off and place on hot buttered pan.
- Cook each slice until golden brown, then flip and repeat.
- Top with powdered sugar and syrup, if desired.