This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WildSideOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
Looking for a meal that has rich bold flavors?
This Penne with Sausage and Peppers is the answer!
I’m trying to feed my family meals that don’t contain MSG, or fillers, or artificial flavors and colors (this is sometimes very difficult to do). I was happy when I came upon Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages while I was shopping at Walmart in their package deli refrigerator section of the store. Jack Link’s quality, tradition, and great tasting sausage go back over 100 years. Plus, their sausages are high in protein and they have that delicious bold flavor my family loves.
I couldn’t wait to get some home and combine it with a pasta and cream sauce. The only problem was deciding which flavor to buy. I couldn’t decide, so I got 2, the Original and the Jalapeño Flavor. I’ll pick up the Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages Cheddar Flavor, next time.
Once I tried Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausage I knew I had a winning meal on my hands that my family would love. They are great alone or in a recipe and because they are fully cooked, the meal comes together quickly.
Do you want to know my favorite thing about this delicious meal?
It’s made in one pot!!!
Here’s how I made the Penne with Sausage and Peppers…
Heat olive oil in a large hot skillet or pan, and then add the onions.
Add the cut rounds of Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages Jalapeño Flavor or whatever flavor you choose.
Put the rest of the ingredients into the skillet and in about 20 minutes you have a delicious meal ready to go onto the table. After the dish is plated sprinkle each with parmesan cheese.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Size Onion, diced
- 1 Package of Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages Jalapeño Flavor sliced into rounds
- 1 Medium Orange Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Medium Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1½ Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- 1 14.5oz Can Italian Stewed Tomatoes, chop tomatoes into smaller pieces
- 1 LB Box of Penne Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil until hot and add onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add sausage rounds and cook for 3 minutes.
- To the skillet add the garlic, bell peppers, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, half & half, and dried pasta to the skillet, stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil and cover. Turn heat down and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If more liquid is needed, add a bit more chicken broth.
- Check to make sure pasta is done to your liking and serve.
- Sprinkle each plate full with parmesan grated cheese.
What is your favorite meal to make with sausage?
Until Next Time…