Do you know just how good bananas are for you?
I read that we should all be eating two bananas a day, especially people with anxiety, high blood pressure, heart problems, and stress (and who doesn’t have that?). Bananas are one of the few fruits that contain the amino acid, tryptophan, plus vitamin B6. The two nutrients together are a natural chemical that is known to relieve depression.
That’s why these are the perfect morning and evening snack! In a about 10 minutes you can be eating a delicious sweet drool-worthy (healthy) snack. This recipe transforms the boring old bananas to something you can serve to dinner guests over ice cream for an elegant dessert.
It’s preferable to use bananas that are just on the verge of being ripe. I tried making this with very ripe ones and they just feel apart. They still tasted delicious and I mixed them in my oatmeal, but to stand up to yogurt or ice cream the texture is much better if they are a bit on the firmer side.
Add the cinnamon, sugar, butter, and honey to a skillet over medium heat.
Pan fry until caramelized, then do the same on the other side.
Dust with a bit more cinnamon and sugar.
- 2 Bananas
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon +cinnamon for dusting
- ½ teaspoon sugar + sugar for dusting
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut bananas into ½ inch slices.
- To a medium size skillet over medium heat, add cinnamon, sugar, honey, and butter. Combine until butter is melted.
- Add slices and cook for 3 minutes until the bananas start to caramelize and turn golden brown.
- Flip, and cook on the other side for 3 more minutes, until that side has turned golden brown.
- Serve over yogurt, ice cream, pancakes, or just eat as is.
- Dust with a little more cinnamon and sugar.
They would also taste great over this recipe of French Toast.
These pan-fried cinnamon sugar bananas taste delicious and are good for you, too! Win-Win!
Until next Time…