One of my favorite summer foods is fresh corn. This year the corn has been especially sweet, so I have tried to incorporate it in as many dishes as possible. Sadly, I have a family member who is not as crazy about corn as I am, but we can all agree this one skillet zesty cheezy corn dip fast becomes a favorite of everyone who tastes it.
In fact, the “I don’t want corn again” person (they have asked to remain nameless) has requested this dip for our casual Friday night dinner. This zesty cheezy corn dip along with a salad made with my mom’s special vinaigrette makes the perfect easy-peasy Friday night meal.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret…The ingredient that makes this corn dip so delicious is not the corn, it’s the Mezzetta Peperoncinis.
Have you ever tasted a peperoncini? When I was growing up peperoncinis were always sitting in a bowl on our table at every family gathering. In fact, every home of every Italian friend I had, had peperoncinis sitting on their table in a bowl! Peperoncinis turn an average meal into crave-worthy mouth watering meals.
They are so delicious Handsome loves to eat them right out of the jar down to the very last one.
- 4 ears of fresh sweet corn (kernel removed) or 2 cans of whole kernel sweet corn
- ½ finely cup chopped Mezzetta Peperoncini
- 6 slices of bacon, crumbled
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- Pre-heat over to 375 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside (on a paper towel to absorb grease).
- Remove all grease from pan except for 2 tablespoons.
- Add the corn, peperoncini's, ¾ of the bacon, cream cheese, mexican cheese, salt, pepper, and ½ the cilantro to the skillet. Mix well.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese has melted and bubbly.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
To get every bit of flavor right down to the bottom of the Peperoncini jar, years ago, my mom came up with this very simple vinaigrette.
Combine: 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup peperoncini juice, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon honey, along with salt and pepper to taste. Shake it up to combine. You have just a transformed an everyday vinaigrette to one that will brighten every bite!
The wonderful people at Mezzetta’s and Chef’d have a national sweepstakes happening as of August 1st, 2017!
One lucky winner will receive 52 meal kits from Chef’d (a $1560.00 value) and 10 runner up winners will receive a $50.00 Chef’d gift card.
Enter here for your chance to win!
Head over to the Mezzetta website now for more information.
Bonus – Every entrant will receive a 10% off coupon to use on any Chef’d order!
What is your favorite recipe using Mezzetta Peperoncinis?
Until Next Time…