Looking for an easy bread recipe?
No-Knead Cranberry Cheese Skillet Bread is the one you have been looking for. It’s crusty on the outside and delicious and tender on the inside! A super easy homemade dough that comes together in just minutes.
This homemade bread is the perfect addition to any meal.
When I saw this Great Midwest® Cranberry Cheddar at the grocery store I knew it would be a delicious cheese to add to my skillet bread. This decadent cheese is the perfect combination of tart cranberries and delicious Wisconsin Cheddar.
While at the grocery store I also picked up a Mango Fire Cheddar that I will be making the yummiest grilled cheeses with! Keep an eye out for that recipe coming soon!
Sorry, I digressed.
Back to the bread I’ve made 3 times in the last 7 days.
The dough comes together so very easily in one bowl (and like the name says with no kneading), then you let it rise in that same bowl. Then gently move it to your cast iron skillet and let it rise one more time.
In the oven it goes to become golden and crusty. Right before the bread comes out of the oven top it with some more Cranberry Cheddar cheese until it becomes gooey.
Let cool and enjoy a piece slathered with butter.
- 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast (1 package)
- 2 cups warm water
- ¾ tablespoon himalayan salt (kosher salt can be substituted)
- 4 cups flour
- olive oil
- ½ cup dried cranberries + safe a few to add to the top of the bread.
- ¾ cup Great Midwest Cranberry Cheddar Cheese + more to sprinkle on top of bread, grated
- In a large mixing bowl combine yeast and warm water.
- Add 1 cup of flour and salt, stir to combine with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in dried cranberries and shredded cheese.
- Add remaining flour just a cup at a time until it is all incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a 10" or 12" oven proof skillet. I prefer to use a cast-iron skillet.
- Coat your hands with flour and sprinkle the top of the dough with flour. Gently transfer dough to the oiled skillet.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let sit in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Drizzle the top with olive oil and add extra cranberries to the top.
- Score the top of the dough with a knife.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top of the loaf is golden brown.
- Add remaining grated cheese to the top of the loaf and place back into the oven until cheese has melted.
- Place loaf onto a cooling rack immediately and let the loaf cool completely prior to serving.
This is the perfect bread to add to your holiday table as well as your weeknight dinner! How pretty would this skillet bread look on your Thanksgiving table?
Don’t you think it’s about time to add a new holiday tradition by incorporating Great Midwest® Cheeses into your recipes?
Click here to find out more about the amazing cheeses Great Midwest® Products makes.
Some of their other cheeses are Apple Cinnamon Cheddar, Blueberry Cobbler Cheddar, Chipotle Cheddar to name just a few. Can you just imagine how beautiful a charcuterie board would look with these cheeses?
Until Next Time…