There is something wonderful about picking up chicken drumsticks with your hand and taking a huge bite out of it.
Maybe it just brings me back to the days I would go to the renaissance fair with my friends and see so many people enjoying a massive turkey leg while they walked around the fair. I never tried a turkey leg at the fair, I’m not much for walking around and eating, and the last things my friends and I wanted is to be gnawing on a huge turkey leg and some hot guys walk by!
Well, those days are long gone. I do enjoy a tasty chicken drumstick, especially during the summer, although I still don’t walk around eating it.
Now that it’s feeling more like summer, I wanted to create a marinade for my chicken drumsticks that has lighter tasting, summer feeling. I love the taste of lemon. It’s flavor always reminds me of summer, so that’s where I started and the rest of the ingredients just fell into place.
- 8 Chicken Legs
- Olive Oil, for brushing the chicken
- Salt and Pepper
- **For The Marinade
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken legs in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Brush chicken with olive oil and sprinkle chicken with a bit of salt and pepper. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, whisk together all the ingredients of the marinade in a small bowl.
- After the 35 minutes are up, lower oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover chicken and brush on the marinade. After 15 minutes, brush chicken with marinade again.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Chicken should be golden brown.