What type of dessert do you make for someone who doesn’t like birthday cake?
Funfetti Biscotti, of course!
I know a lot, I mean a lot of people who don’t like cake! Pie, ice cream, and cookies are all good, they just don’t like cake. So, each year when their birthday comes around I try to change up the dessert a little. This year? Birthday Funfetti Biscotti!
- 3¼ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup of colored sprinkles or jimmies, divided
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- In a mixer combine the oil, eggs, and sugar until completely combined.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts to the sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift together baking powder and flour.
- Add salt to the flour mixture.
- Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture until completely combine.
- Add ½ cup sprinkles to the dough.
- Divide dough in half, place both halves on the cookie sheet and form each dough into long rectangles.
- Sprinkle the remaining sprinkles over rectangles of dough and press down slightly.
- Place cookie sheet in oven for 25 minutes and then remove from oven.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each rectangle into ½ inch slices.
- Place cookies sliced side down and bake for an additional 12 minutes until lightly brown.
Aren’t this biscotti cute?