Do you love classic french toast, but hate going to a restaurant just to have your beloved breakfast food? After you make this french toast at home, you will not be ordering it in a restaurant ever again!
I have such wonderful memories of this Sunday morning breakfast food. My dad would make this french toast after Mass for our the family and anyone else who found out my dad was making breakfast!
Now, I have a certain family member who loves french toast as much as I did as a kid and would always bug me to take her out to breakfast…until I started making french toast just like my dad, at home using his recipe. Now, sometimes we even make it for dinner!
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg - optional
- 6 slices of Texas Toast (thick sliced bread)
- butter for frying
- fruit (optional)
- In a bowl whisk together the first 7 ingredients until well combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and melt 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Place one slice of bread at a time into the egg mixture and allow to soak for 10 seconds.
- Working with 2 slices at a time place the egg soaked bread on to the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Repeat until all the french toast is made and serve while the french toast is still hot!
Until Next Time…