The Classic ~
Peanut Butter Cookies
Are they your favorite cookie?
The classic peanut butter cookies always ranks very high on the list for most peanut butter lovers. These cookies are thick and soft and literally melt in your mouth. They are not hard and crunchy like some other peanut butter cookies you may have tried.
Get ready to fall in love with these peanut butter cookies!
I just love making cookies and besides the actual baking sheet I just couldn’t do it as easily without my Silpat. The silpat makes cleanup a breeze. Do you use a Silpat?
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat, set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to combine.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer (or stand mixer), cream together the peanut butter, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla, until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture slowly to the peanut butter mixture, just until it is completely blended.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place cookies onto the lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Slightly flatten each cookie.
- Using a fork press press a criss-cross pattern into cookie.
- Sprinkle each cookie with remaining sugar.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden. To make sure they are soft and chewy, be careful to not over bake.
- Let cookies cool on a wire rack.
What is your favorite type of cookie?
**Affilate Links are in this post.
Until Next Time…