Handsome and I have been invited to our friends 4th of July party. The view of the fireworks from their backyard is going to be spectacular and the Hosts are the best! The hostess has asked if I would bring over this. I also want to bring something for dessert, too. My thoughts went directly to chocolate dipped sugar cones to go along with her delicious homemade ice cream. It’s the perfect no-bake dessert, (it has been so hot and muggy lately) takes no time to make and looks so festive!
Tip~ Add a small amount of chocolate into the bottom of the inside of the sugar cone so the ice cream won’t melt through!
- I Pkg. Sugar Cones
- Dark coating chocolate (chocolate chips can be used)
- White coating chocolate (white chocolate chips can be used)
- Chopped peanuts
- Toffee bits
- Place a large piece of wax paper or silpat onto a baking sheet.
- Place toppings in separate small bowls.
- Place chocolate in a small glass bowl. Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Place glass bowl of chocolate over the simmering water, making sure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the simmering water. Gently stir chocolate until it is melted and smooth.
- Place a dollop of chocolate into the inside bottom of each sugar cone.
- Holding the sugar cone by the pointy end, dip about an inch of the rim into the chocolate.
- Sprinkle rim with desired toppings.
- Place on wax paper to harden.
- Repeat with white chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to dry completely.
- Coated sugar cones can be placed in a storage bag in the freezer for up to 1 month.