Has this ever happened to you?
You pick your child up from school, you ask, “how was your day?” They respond by telling you they need to bring 5 dozen homemade cookies to school tomorrow, and you haven’t even decided what’s for dinner tonight!
Cake Mix Cookies to the rescue!
Normally with a little bit more advanced notice, it would be no problem to have 5 dozen homemade cookies from scratch. I love making cookies and…eating cookies. There are just some night’s it is much easier to open a box cake mix add a couple of eggs and some oil and well la, you’ve got cookies. Very tasty cookies!
- 1 Box White Cake Mix, Duncan Hines
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable oil
- 1 Cup M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer, combine cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl, beat until completely combined.
- Add M&M's and stir by hand so you don't break the M&M's.
- Place spoonfuls of cookie dough on to a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Check for doneness. Time might vary depending upon your oven.
- Let cook on a wire rack.
Since I made these cookies, I figured out how to get the M&M’s colors not to bleed in to the dough while baking. For the life of me, I could not figure out how some bakers had such perfect cookies.
Make sure you check back here, I will soon revel that secret!
And after your child has taken the 5 dozen cookies to school. No one will know if you hid a few cookies of your own to sit back and relax with a tall glass of milk, knowing…
All is well.
Cookies and Milk.