I think I’m going through a phase!
The only desserts I want must come in a bar shape, like brownies, only not brownies. Like brownies without the chocolate in the mix. And my other obsession at the moment is Biscoff Spread. I do go through spurts with Biscoff Spread, and I’m in one now.
So why havent you tried it yet?
I’m telling you are missing out! Biscoff Spread is like nothing else I have ever tasted. It’s sweet, but not too sweet. I use it in place of peanut butter, just to change things up a bit!
I got the idea for these Brown Sugar Toffee Bars when I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Sally’s Baking Addiction and I saw this recipe of hers.
- ½ Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Biscoff Spread, or you can use peanut butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Heath Toffee Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & spray a 11x7 pan with baking spray.
- In a pot melt stir together butter and brown sugar over medium heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add Biscoff Spread, set mixture aside to cool.
- In a mixer add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add eggs, one at a time to Biscoff mixture & stir in vanilla.
- Add the Biscoff mixture to the mixer with the flour and mix until combined.
- Mix in ½ cup of toffee to the batter.
- Press mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Once out of the oven immediately top with chocolate chips so they will melt. Spread melted chips smoothy over top and add remaining toffee bits.
- Allow to cook for 35 minutes.