This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CapturingTraditions #CollectiveBias
Weekday mornings can be hectic around here. Everyone is trying to get out of the house at the same time while I’m scrambling to find a nutritious breakfast for us to eat before we all leave.
A while back, I decided to do this one small thing on Sundays to make the weekday mornings go a lot more smoothly. The solution you may ask? To make our weekday breakfast ahead of time. I knew I needed the breakfast to be something that we would all love and be good for us. It needed to be a hardy breakfast that could be eaten on the go; so, I came up with homemade delicious and nutritious pop tarts. These are not the type of pop tarts you will find in any box.
Hand held savory breakfast pop tarts made to each persons preference is the perfect solution. I use store-bought frozen pie crusts, spread it with Gold ‘n Soft and layer in their choice of ingredients; eggs, bacon, roasted veggies, and a variety of cheeses. The breakfast pop tarts just need to be wrapped with parchment paper and thrown into the toaster to warm up and everyone is out the door within minutes.
Choose from these ingredients or come up with your family’s favorites.
Spread the entire bottom layer with Gold ‘n Soft.
I love using Gold ‘n Soft because it is so easy to spread. There is no wait time for it to soften and it goes on smoothly without pulling on the pie crust dough.
Add your filling, cover with the top layer of pie crust dough and crimp edges with a fork.
Bake in the oven and when cool wrap each in parchment paper. Label with ingredients and place in the freezer.
Defrost in the fridge the night before you want to eat it.
Then just pop the parchment wrapped tart in the toaster to warm up!
The weekday mornings are much calmer (thankfully) and I can enjoy my mornings again knowing my family has a delicious breakfast that is also good for them.
- 1 box (2 pie crusts) refrigerated uncooked pie crusts
- Gold 'n Soft for brushing onto the bottom layer
- ½ cup cooked scrambled eggs
- ½ cup roasted vegetables, chopped
- ⅓ cup finely diced cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ¼ cup bacon crumbles
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sprinkle all-purpose flour onto the countertop.
- Working with one pie crust dough at a time unroll on to flour and cut pie crust into six 3" x 4" rectangles. Repeat with second crust.
- Spread 6 rectangles completely with Gold 'n Soft and fill with your desired filling combinations.
- Place top piece of dough onto filling making sure to get all air bubbles out. Press edges together and seal all sides with a fork.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot or when cool wrap in parchment paper and freeze for up to 3 months.
Place in fridge the night before to defrost.
Place into a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes or place parchment wrapped pop tart into the toaster making sure the toaster is at the highest setting.
The parchment paper will brown in the toaster just like when it's in the oven.
Weekends are when I love spoiling my family for breakfast with french toast or pancakes and nothing tastes better than when they are drenched in Gold ‘n Soft.
Did you know Gold ‘n Soft spread has no cholesterol or hydrogenated oils, and has zero trans fats per serving, all while having the great taste of butter? I enjoy how it is so very easy to spread even right after I take it out of the refrigerator.
I got my Gold ‘n Soft at Smart & Final click on the picture below to see what store carries Gold ‘n Soft near you.
You’ll be glad you did!
And, be sure not to forget your $0.50 off coupon, below!
Check out some recipe inspiration from Gold ‘n Soft.
Love the breakfast pop tarts? Here are some other breakfast ideas for you, Breakfast Tacos, Pumpkin Pie Spice Waffles, and Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding!
Until Next Time…